I have been active in business and civic affairs in Anderson County for many years. I am an active member of the Anderson County Chamber of Commerce. With the Chamber, I volunteer as an Ambassador, serve on the Education/Workforce Development Council and Business Development Council and serve on the Board for the Young Professionals of Anderson County. As an Eagle Scout, I volunteer for the Friends of Scouting annual fundraiser to support local Boy Scout troops.
I grew up in Clinton and attended Oak Ridge High School followed by the University of TN, Knoxville. I teach investing classes for the ORICL program (Oak Ridge Institute of Continued Learning) at the Roane State Community College campus in Oak Ridge. I also speak to the students at Oak Ridge, Clinton, and Anderson County High Schools and support their programs dealing with enterprise and personal finance.
Awards and Recognition :
- AAMS® Designation: The College for Financial Planning awards the AAMS® designation to individuals who successfully complete a 12-module professional education program, pass a final examination, commit to its code of ethics and agree to pursue continuing education.
- 2016 Anderson County Leadership Class Graduate
- 2015 Anderson County Chamber of Commerce R.C. “Dudley” Hoskins Male Volunteer of the Year Award
- J.D. POWER APRIL 2015 Edward Jones ranked “Highest in Investor Satisfaction With Full Service Brokerage Firms, in a Tie” in the J.D. Power 2015 Full Service Investor Satisfaction Study
- 2014 Best Financial Planner – Courier News Reader Poll