President of the Anderson County Chamber of Commerce, Rick Meredith has won ASAP of Anderson’s Ally of the Year for 2019.
As one of ASAP’s largest fundraisers, Ally of the Year has become a fun, competitive race where members of the community who have been nominated by their peers compete to be named the Anderson County Ally of the Year. To win, the candidate must have the most votes. One dollar = one vote!
The money received from voting will be used for projects such as:
- I AM ONE campaign which aims to reduce underage drinking and increase awareness of Tennessee’s Social Host Liability Law
- Count It! Lock It! Drop It! which encourages community members to count their medications and provides home medicine lock boxes to community members and permanent medicine disposal bins at local police departments
- Youth Ambassadors Coalition (YAC) at all 3 high schools in the county and hopefully all of the middle schools very soon
- R2: Resilience and Recovery, the family drug treatment court for Anderson County that takes a comprehensive approach to helping juvenile offenders and their families
- GenerationRx, an education and awareness curriculum aimed at teaching youth and adults about the dangers of prescription medications